It’s become the big thing on sites like Pinterest to make bun holders out of socks and glitter lamps out of glowsticks. We thought we would take this up a notch and find some creative ways to reuse common trash items. You don’t even need a trip to the craft store!
- Start seeds inside of a hollowed-out grapefruit half, or in eggshells for smaller seeds. The containers give the seedlings nutrients, and can be planted directly in the earth when the sprouts are strong enough.
- Turn old magazines into envelopes. All it takes are your old issues, a pair of scissors, and some tape.
- Punch patterned holes in old (and clean!) tin cans, tie strings at the top, and place candles inside for your own lantern.
- Turn old shirts into scarves, headbands, pet beds, oven mitts — the list goes on and on.
- Use old baking soda and vinegar to clean the house instead of chemical products keep socks with their mates.
- Use bread tags to separate electronic cords, label keys, and tag stemmed glasses.